Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Artificial Intelligence

On 17 May 2023 at 8:55am xalipav wrote:
Hello, I wanted to share my experience of using the Artificial Intelligence for Trading Project available on the Quantum AI platform. I have been trading for some time now, and when I first learned about this project, I was impressed by its power and efficiency.

Check it out here »

On 18 May 2023 at 6:32pm Nevillman wrote:
I've got no intention of clicking on the link but interesting that xalipav seems to be using it for trading or investment. If it is available to everyone then surely any possible advantage is cancelled out as everyone has the same information.
It really does sound like AI will be taking over or deskilling lots of jobs in the near future. Huge implications for employment and society. Most of us will be on universal credit or universal basic income in some form. Society generally will be much wealthier due to the efficiencies brought in by AI but who will get this wealth and how will it be distributed? Universal basic income will have to be high enough to stop us all starving and keep us consuming and not revolting. They still have to incentivise some of us to work in the fewer jobs that will exist. Presumably let us keep the UBI and any pay we receive on top. This will drastically reduce pay for those who do want to work but they will still have the UBI so will still be better off working.
Very interesting times. Views anyone? I understand that AI can be used to generate writing so please can you not use it to respond.

On 18 May 2023 at 10:20pm Tom Pain wrote:
I think that "artificial intelligence" is an oxymoron. Intelligence is a product of human minds, it's a term we've invented. Our intelligence is the product of a living being, it's alive and automatically and unconsciously takes into consideration the conditions of life. Something artificial can't do that and to rely on it would be catastrophic for the living world we inhabit. It's an ideal excuse for any action- "the AI told me to do it", in any case.

On 18 May 2023 at 11:47pm Green Sleeves wrote:
Yet another topic boomer TP is an expert on.....amazing. Such a Renaissance man.

On 19 May 2023 at 10:39am emelyblunt wrote:
Interesting.

On 23 May 2023 at 10:50am Nevillman wrote:
Call it what you want Tom and whether you like it or not it will still mean that computers and robots are doing jobs that have been previously done by people. It's highly likely this will lead to fewer jobs and certainly a very different job market. What do you think about that?

On 24 May 2023 at 2:30pm Tom Pain wrote:
I have a feeling that computers and robots are not AI. but they would be a nightmare. The dream future of our owners looks quite medieval to me- masters and serfs, which brings out the worst in everybody. Whilst I was servicing my mobile missile launcher today, it struck me that the press are supposed to be conspiracy theorists aren't they? Owned by the likes of Murdoch? Ha ha.

On 24 May 2023 at 6:03pm emelyblunt wrote:
how to create a location based app : 1. Research the market: Before you start building a location based app, you should research the market to find out what similar apps exist and what features your app should include. This will help you create an original and competitive product. 2. Determine the functionality: You need to decide what functionality your app should have and how it should be used. Consider things like search parameters, user interfaces, data collection methods, etc. 3. Design the app: Once you know what your app needs to do, you need to design the user interface and experience. Research the different types of UI/UX design practices to give your app the best look and feel.

Check it out here »

On 24 May 2023 at 6:43pm Nevillman wrote:
It doesn't need to be horrific in the future. We should all have more leisure time and things should be produced much more cheaply otherwise it wouldn't be introduced. Why on earth would we revert to owners and serfs? As with all economics, it's a matter of looking at how things are allocated and the government who most people elect will have a large part in that through the taxation and social spending they implement.
I am even more sure that you don't have any idea what a conspiracy theorist is Tom.
Very interesting Emily but I would like to see what Tom has to say before agreeing with you.

On 24 May 2023 at 9:17pm Tom Pain wrote:
Newtopia here we come. I hope you're right.

On 25 May 2023 at 8:58pm Nevillman wrote:
I didn't say I thought it would all be great. It could be eventually but lots of problems in a change probably fundamentally affecting society like this. Resource and environment issues to address as well.
Those of us who bother to vote must use it a lot more wisely that they have used it in the recent past.

On 26 Jun 2023 at 9:54pm mordugadre wrote:
Gooooooooood

On 26 Jun 2023 at 9:56pm mordugadre wrote:
Yet another topic boomer TP is an expert on.....amazing. Such a Renaissance man.

Check it out here »

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Town Clock 88:132
Lewes Town Clock

Get a cat? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams